The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian

Discussion Forum for 'The Fylde and Wyre Antiquarian'
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian (in association with Wyre Archaeology).


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Minutes of Meeting 21 March 2012 & Notice Of AGM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am
Posts: 323
Location: Preston
I attach draft of minutes of last month's meeting and an Agenda and Nomination Slip for the Annual General Meeting which will take place on 18 April. Please note only paid up members (2011 - 2012 year) may nominate and vote at the AGM.

Minutes of Wyre Archaeology Group Meeting 21 March 2012
Present: P Ashman, D Berry, K Emery, Pat Emery, D Hammond, D Hampson, B Rigby, H Ricco, G Thornton,.
Guests: P Asher,
1. Chairman welcome: Vice –chair Dave Hammond welcomed everyone to the March meeting.

2. Apologies for absence: received from C Clayton, B Culshaw-Phillips Carlo Ricco, Seb Whalley, Ed Shone, Frank Smith.

3. Minutes of last meeting: DH read minutes of 15 Feb meeting which were approved as correct.

4. Matters arising: All Agenda items.

5. Treasurer’s Report: Gary reported that including income from book sales and disbursements for CBA membership (£35) and room hire (£10) the society’s account now stood at £601.37. The annual insurance premium of £173.56 will fall due shortly so the projected balance will be £417.81 compared to £158.27 at the same time last year. Gary confirmed that our insurers are recommended by CBA.

6. Executive Committee: Present CC, DH, DB, BR. Apols BC-P, KE, FS.
AGM will take place on Wed 18 April 2012. Chris has indicated that he wishes not to stand for election as Chair for a further year. It was noted that Brian H and Michelle H were at least temporarily unable to attend meetings therefore they would need to be replaced as members of Exec Committee. DH will send out notification / nominations slips. No resolutions to be put. Fees to be held.
Site manager role: Brian and Chris raised concerns about the expectations of this role. After discussion it was agreed that for one day digs a ‘light touch’ recording should be the norm but that for big digs a more formalised approach would be needed. The emphasis needed to be on building members’ confidence to record their own trenches to relieve site managers from the burden.
Potential sites: Bruna Hill - It was proposed that a ‘Big Dig’ long weekend possibly at the end of May could be planned to undertake test pitting of the hill. (See Item 8 below). Bourne Hill continues to feature although not seen as a priority by all. Highgate Lane – Chris had attempted to get in touch with the landowner but had not had a reply so far.
New Members: DH to produce press release, contact Colleges and Unis. Proposed to approach Lancashire Archaeology Society to investigate whether they would consider affiliation which might generate some additional members for digs.

7. Correspondence: DH reported that our application for affiliation to the CBA at national level had been accepted and that documents had been received including a copy of the CBA bi-monthly magazine. A second copy should be received by Chris as Chair.

8. Excavation Update: Brian R reported that a further small excavation had taken place on Bourne Hill and that members were invited to attend on Sunday 25th for further excavation.

Gary reported that he had completed metal detecting over the area of Bruna Hill near Garstang without any significant results. Part of a metal marker pole suggested perhaps that the site had previously been surveyed. Dave B reported that in his research into the area the name ‘Bruna’ only seemed to appear on maps after 1847 so possibly it reflects relatively recent history. After discussion it was agreed that test pitting on Bruna should take place before any commitment to an extended dig there. Dave also mentioned that he and Chris had scouted the area of earthworks at Nateby and noted the complex nature of the site. It was thought that Oxford Archaeology North had undertaken some work in the area.

Dave H reported on behalf of Chris that no contact had yet been made with the landowner at Highgate Lane.

9. AOB: Ken asked whether there was any update of computer plot of Bourne Hill excavation. Brian R replied that he didn’t have access to the required software so would be producing hand drawn plots in future. Ken and other members felt this was fully acceptable.

Other possible sites to keep in mind: Mains Hall, Carleton Crem.

Display case: DH to speak to FS and CC about possible display materials.

10. Date of next meeting 2012 AGM: Wednesday 18 April at 7.00pm in Dance Studio.



NOTICE OF AGM


WYRE ARCHAEOLOGY
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

(Dance Studio) WYREFIELD FARM 7.00 PM 18 APRIL 2012

AGENDA

1 CHAIRMAN WELCOME

2 APOLOGIES

3 MINUTES OF AGM 20 APRIL 2011

4 MATTERS ARISING

5 CHAIRMAN’S REPORT FOR YEAR 2011-2012

6 TREASURER’S REPORT FOR YEAR 2011-2012

7 MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS 2012-2013

8 ELECTION OF OFFICERS & EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 2012-2113

9 RESOLUTIONS SUBMITTED BY MEMBERS

10 AOB

11 DATE OF AGM 2113

Guests are welcome but only paid up members may vote.




NOMINATION FORM

MEMBER’S NAME.................................................................................

NOMINATION OF OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS 2012-2113. ALL NOMINEES MUST CONFIRM THEIR WILLINGNESS TO STAND FOR ELECTION.

Please insert the name of your nominee against the appropriate post.

CHAIRMAN..............................................................................................

VICE CHAIRMAN.....................................................................................

SECRETARY...........................................................................................

TREASURER...........................................................................................

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS (6 VACANCIES)................................................................................

.................................................................................... .....................................................................................

.................................................................................... .....................................................................................
Please return the completed form to The Secretary, 31 Marina Drive, Fulwood, PRESTON PR2 9SB.
Or email to [email protected]

_________________
DaveH


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Minutes of Meeting 21 March 2012 & Notice Of AGM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am
Posts: 323
Location: Preston
Hard copy of AGM 2011 Minutes, 2012 Agenda & nomination/voting slip are in the post.

AGM 7.00pm 18 April.

_________________
DaveH


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

suspicion-preferred