The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian

Discussion Forum for 'The Fylde and Wyre Antiquarian'
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian (in association with Wyre Archaeology).


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: MINUTES 19 OCT & NOTICE OF MEETING 16 NOV
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am
Posts: 323
Location: Preston
DRAFT MINUTES


Minutes of Wyre Archaeology Group meeting 19 October 2011
Present: P Ashman, D Berry, C Clayton, B Culshaw-Phillips, D Hammond, D Hampson, H Ricco, F Smith.
Guests: P Asher, C Asher, P Iles.
1 Chairman welcome: Chris welcomed members and guests, especially Peter Iles who was to present a talk after the meeting.

2 Apologies for absence: received from Carlo, Brian R, Gary, Ed, Steve, Ken, Pat.

3 Minutes of last meeting: Posted on WAG Forum and sent be email were approved.

4 Matters arising: a) Peter Iles had been contacted as evidenced! b) Exec committee had met on 17 October. Report to follow at Item 6. c) Museum display case – Paul has arranged use of spare case at museum. Hilary and Barbara will liaise with Paul about access.

5 Treasurer’s Report: Gary unable to attend as he was presenting a talk to another group but had informed Chris that £90 had been received from the Museum in payment for Harris & Hughes books so that over £600 now in account.

6 Executive Committee: Chris, Dave B, Dave H, Frank, Brian R and Gary had met on 17 October. The key purpose of the meeting was to review arrangements for excavation site management since Chris had decided to relinquish his very active role on medical advice. Discussion identified other issues including the number of members available for excavation – given the size of the site – and the need to attract new members in general. It was agreed that for the time being Brian R would make himself available, subject to weather conditions, on Sundays from 9.00. This would take care of the few remaining weeks of this digging season. Also agreed that Dave H would chase up invitations to Dot and Barbara for future meetings. A number of other potential speakers were suggested.

7 Correspondence: Dave H had emailed Barbara Laing and Dot Boughton to invite them as speakers at future meetings. No response so far. Chris had been invited to speak to group of students at Blackpool & The Fylde College at a date to be arranged.

8 Excavation Update: Chris reported that, due to a combination of poor weather and members’ holidays or unavailability, there had been no further excavation. He gave a brief recap of previous excavation report.

9 AOB: Members agreed that they would like a Christmas meeting plus dinner as in previous years. Gary has already agreed to give a talk on his finds over the past 12 months. Dave H will discuss arrangements with James Parr.

10 Date of next meeting: Wednesday 16 November at 7.00pm.

_________________
DaveH


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

suspicion-preferred