The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian

Discussion Forum for 'The Fylde and Wyre Antiquarian'
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to The Fylde & Wyre Antiquarian (in association with Wyre Archaeology).


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WYRE ARCHAEOLOGY Meeting 20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am
Posts: 323
Location: Preston
Notice of next meeting 7.00pm Wyrefield Farm Wed 20 Feb.

Guests are welcome

Minutes of last meeting:

Minutes of Wyre Archaeology Group Meeting 16 January 2013
Present: P Ashman, D Berry, Chris Clayton, J Fairclough, D Hammond, D Hampson, H Ricco, B Rigby, Ed Shone, FSmith, G Thornton.
Guests:
1. Chairman welcome: Dave Hammond welcomed everyone and especially guests to the meeting. For the benefit of guests, members introduced themselves.
2. Apologies for absence: received from, P Asher, Carlo Ricco, K Emery, Pat Emery, B Culshaw-Phillips, D Whalley, S Whalley, M Shaw, Ted Lightbown, S Tingle.

3. Minutes of last meeting: Minutes of 21 Nov and 19 Dec were approved as correct.

4. Matters arising: a) Website – Dave B gave a demonstration of the website that he has created on behalf of the group. This is now live at http://www.wyrearchaeology.org.uk. Pages give background information on our work, details of past digs and links to additional resources. Dave invited further suggestions as to its development. b) Future Plans- There was a brief discussion about plans for future activities. It was agreed that a meeting of the Executive Committee should be convened to put together a proposed schedule. (ACTION DH) Gary informed the group of a possible dig taking place at Lytham Hall run by Oxford Archaeology North. Dh asked to investigate and make contact (ACTION DH).

5. Treasurer’s Report: Gary reported that following payment for the Christmas Meal, the account now stood at £653.21

6. Executive Committee: None

7. Correspondence: a) B Dobson of Lancashire Archaeological Society sent an email to inform us that their AGM will be held on the evening (7.45pm) of Friday 18th January in the United Reform Church, Symonds Rd, Fulwood. It will be followed by some ten-minute talks by members. After brief discussion it was decided that no official representation was possible but that one or two members might be able to attend. b) Dave H reported that he had received a reply to a recent email to Prof David Shotter. Prof Shotter had written to say that his health had unfortunately not improved and therefore he was unable to make any further commitments to speaking at meetings. Sec had sent Prof Shooter our warm regards and hope for speddy improvement. c) Sec had received notice of the CBA Festival OF Archaeology. Community groups are invited to register their projects with CBA publicity. Our Big Dig may be a potential project in this regard but plans need to be firmed up at an Exec Cttee (see above).

8. Excavation Update: No report


9. AOB: a) Dave B raised question of possible logo for website. Dave H suggested that maybe Brian Hughes would be interested in putting idea forwards. It was agreed that DH should contact Brian. This also raised the issue of whether our society ‘officially’ includes coverage of the Fylde area. This would also be considered by the Exec Cttee. b) Dave B asked sec to send copy of recent press release for inclusion in web site (ACTION DH). c) Sec suggested contacting Blackpool VI Form College and UCLAN to invite students to join in preparation for possible Big Dig. (ACTION DH).

10. Date of next meeting: Wednesday 20 February at 7.00pm in Portakabin/ Dance Studio

_________________
DaveH


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WYRE ARCHAEOLOGY Meeting 20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:48 am
Posts: 7
Forgive my ignorance, but thought the next meeting was at Farmer Parrs. Can you give me directions to Wyrefield Farm, as I have to travel by bus? Thankyou


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WYRE ARCHAEOLOGY Meeting 20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 34
Location: fleetwood
Hi there, wyre field farm is farmer parrs the meetings are at the back of the cafe in the
porta cabin,there's usually a group of us outside at 7pm. the no 14,80 and 82 buses stop outside farmer parrs.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

suspicion-preferred